Lupus Canada is proud to announce the 2021 Lupus Canada Scholarship program. We will be offering six (6) one-time scholarships of $2,000 CAD to students diagnosed with lupus, who are entering into, or currently enrolled in, a post-secondary educational institution.
How to Apply
To be eligible for the Lupus Canada Scholarship the applicant must be:
- A legal and permanent resident of Canada;
- Diagnosed with lupus by a physician;
- Seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree from a Canadian university; a diploma or certificate from a Canadian college or enrolled in a trade school educational program;
- Enrolled in or waiting acceptance from a Canadian-based institution of higher education for the fall semester of 2021;
- Taking a minimum 50% of a full course load; and,
- A student who demonstrates academic success and ambition.
- *Previous recipients of the Lupus Canada scholarship program are not eligible.
To apply please submit the following documentation by April 30, 2021:
- A completed application form;
- A 500 word essay on how lupus has affected your student life and how you will benefit from this scholarship;
- A one-page letter of recommendation from a teacher, school official, professional colleague, or employer describing your unique qualities and how you overcome the limitations of living with lupus;
- An official academic transcript from your most recent year of education (transcripts up to December 31, 2020 are accepted);
- Confirmation of your diagnosis of lupus from a physician; and,
- An interview by phone with the Lupus Canada Scholarship Selection Committee may be conducted at their discretion.
Selection of award recipients will be at the sole discretion of the Lupus Canada Scholarship Selection Committee. Recipients will be notified in the month of July 2021 via a personal telephone call and a confirmation letter. After a recipient’s educational enrollment has been verified for the fall 2021 semester, the scholarship will be made payable directly to the educational institution. The scholarship of $2,000 CAD will be awarded to cover the recipient’s tuition and/or educational materials and expenses.