Are you a student from Yukon, and also a parent? Then you qualify to apply for $1000 with a super simple application.
How to Apply
- Grade 12 student from Yukon entering the 1st year of post-secondary;
- attending an eligible institution in the academic year immediately following high school graduation for a minimum:
- 1-year program; or
- 20-week long program.
- be a parent; and
- not be a recipient of another major scholarship of $3,000 or more.
- Prepare your application. You’ll need:
- your name;
- your address;
- the date you attended the Teen Parent Centre; and
- the program and institution you are applying to or are enrolled at.
- Submit the information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We give preference to a graduate who has:
- participated in the Teen Parent Centre program; and
- completed the major part of their schooling in Yukon’s educational system.
We’ll take into consideration:
- financial needs; and
- academic achievement.
You must report the Teen Parent Centre scholarship you received on your tax return. We’ll send a T4A to the permanent address you provide in your application.
If you have not received a T4A for the previous year by February 28, phone 867-667-3555.
Wondering how your T4A income will affect your tax return?
Contact the Canada Revenue Agency.